In today’s interconnected world, social media plays a significant role in our lives. Our social media course is designed to equip children with the knowledge and skills they need to navigate social media responsibly. By fostering a culture of digital citizenship, critical thinking and online safety, we aim to empower kids to make informed decisions while encouraging positive online interactions.
It’s crucial to equip children with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate the digital landscape responsibly. Together, let’s create a safer and more inclusive online community for our future generation. Let’s embark on this exciting journey together!
There are two versions of this course powered by Think Digital Academy, one for children (ages 6 – 12) and another for teens (ages 13 – 18).
- Introduction to social media
• How to be careful, clever and kind online
- The different types of social media
• What it is and how to use it safely
• Social media rules to remember
- Understanding online content
• Reading and interpreting online content
• Understanding the implications of what you post on social media
• Using Emojis
• Reporting unsafe and distasteful occurrences
- Active listening
• Engaging with others on social media
• Tips on polite and respectful online interactions
- Protecting yourself when on social media
• Protecting your body
• Protecting your mind
• Taking care when you are online
• Respecting privacy
• Understanding and recognising cyberbullying
• Being kind online
- Summary and wrap up
• Summary discussion and Q&A
Read our Think Tank article about how to six tips on how to keep your child safe on social media.
It’s crucial for children to understand how to use social media safely and responsibly. Our course teaches valuable skills such as protecting personal information online, identifying and avoiding cyberbullying and creating a positive digital footprint.